Allstate offers five programs of study. Find the one that’s right for you and call today to enroll.
|• 1800-Hour Barber Program
Any individual who currently does not hold a barber or cosmetology license can qualify for this program. The Ohio State Barber Board requires people to complete an 1800 hour course prior to sitting for the barber license exam.
|• 1000-Hour Barber Crossover Program (Licensed Ohio Cosmetologist Only) Students with a current cosmetology license may enroll to learn the trades of a barber and enhance their licensure in the art of hairstyling.|
|• 500-Hour Reciprocity Program
Any individual with a current barber’s license from outside the state of Ohio may enroll to learn the rules and regulations for Ohio State barbers. This course prepares students to sit for the Ohio barber license exam.
|• 300-Hour Retraining Program
Barbers with an active Ohio State Barber License may enroll to learn new skills or enhance old ones.
|• 500-Hour Instructor Training Program- Barbers with an active Ohio State Barber License, who wish to become a licensed instructor will learn the necessary tools to teach our future barbers.|
An Allstate education includes:
- Diverse clientele work
- Prominent industry guest speakers
- Cutting edge demonstrations by field experts
- Interactive classroom, including a wireless network and instruction DVD series and current equipment
- Dedicated full-time instructors
- Leading job placement program
“Employment of barbers, hairdressers, and cosmetologists is projected to grow 10 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. Most job openings will result from the need to replace workers who leave the occupation.” from the Bureau of Labor Statistics , bls.gov
Job Placement Rates:
- 88% based on 12-month period January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. This is a comparison of students enrolled versus students who enrolled and withdrew
- 100% for all students who sat for the State Barber Board Exam
- Students who graduated between January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- 75% Students who graduated from January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- 60% Students graduated between January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
The 2010-2011 Median Debt Ratio for Allstate Hairstyling & Barber College is zero. Barbering As A Career
To learn more about barbering and developing a career in this field, please visit the following websites:
- O*NET Online Occupation Search (Barber SOC Code: Barber-39-5011) http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-5011.00